Our team are aware of a poor weather forecast for this coming week. Information for anglers due to visit in coming days:
Tuesday 15th February: Boat and bank fishing to continue as planned. Boat anglers may be delayed in getting out in the morning due to the remnants of a storm coming through in the early hours of the morning. Forecasts are showing improvement from late morning all the way through to the evening.
16th-18th February: Wind speeds mean it would be unsafe to offer boat fishing on these days. At present, boat fishing on these days will not be available. Anglers booked in to boat fish will be placed in a ‘holding pot’. Essential pre-season work including stocking and boat maintenance will commence providing an early start to this schedule. It is hoped that this early start will allow us to free up resource to be able to offer alternative boat days the following week. i.e 22nd – 25th February. We will review at the end of the week and contact those boat anglers held in the holding pot to either offer a full refund or alternate date for this period.
Bank anglers due to fish on 16th-18th February will be offered 22nd-25th February or full refund and will be contacted shortly to discuss. Bank anglers will sadly not be able to fish on 16th-18th February.
19th-21st February: We are monitoring wind speeds for these dates and will provide updates in coming days when we hope to get a more accurate forecast for this period.
Our phone lines will be busy, if you aren’t affected by these changes, please do not call us. We will make an announcement should any permits become available at the earliest opportunity. Our priority for now will be to contact those customers who are affected.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Postponing or cancelling fishing is a last resort but first and foremost, your safety is our priority.
BW lakeside team.